THE BYTE CLUB: WHO ARE WE?
We are just a bunch of students, a mixture of sophomore,
juniors and seniors attending Western Oregon University
(WOU) that recognized the need for greater interaction.
- Student to Student
- Student to Professors
- Student to Learning Resources (Information Overload!)
With support from the WOU Computer Science Department and
the core group of students involved in starting the Byte
Club, we were successfully started and recognized by ASWOU in September 2012.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our overall goals are to open and foster communications, and assist students in being
as successful as they can by providing opportunities for learning beyond the classroom.
- Industry Talks – industry CS/IS personnel and
past WOU alumni presentations
- Mentoring/Tutoring – opportunities to work in group and one on one
- Plant Tours – physical offsite tours of businesses related to the
- Hands On – projects of technological nature i.e., RasberryPi,
- Communications – share current WOU CS/IS information, industry
related conferences or groups
We welcome all Western Oregon University students, past alumni and professors
to become involved in creating confident and successful
computer science students.
To be a member of the official Byte Club there are some restrictions/conditions:
- Membership is open to all students’ enrolled at WOU
- Is free from discrimination
- Members must attend at least 1 meeting a term or 3 of the
last 5 meetings
- Renewed on a yearly basis
- Want To Make A Difference?
- Want To Help Innovate & Share Ideas?
- Want To Learn Even More?
FAST FORWARD – Do you see yourself confident and prepared to step out
the doors of the university and into the fresh new world of
technology? Are you ready to get started in the job search process
and begin your career in computer science or information systems?
Yes? | No?
Either way, your involvement in the Byte Club will be beneficial both
for you and for the other students involved. The Byte Club
strives for a very open and interactive, relaxed, yet energetic
dynamic. Where everyone has something to learn, and as long as
they are open and participate there is a great world of
information waiting to be shared and consumed.